Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
Winter is a time that’s very tough on my skin, mostly the skin on my hands. Every time my hands get wet from washing dishes, giving kids a bath, and cleaning, is when I’m damaging my hands. By the beginning of Spring, my hands are red, dry, cracked, itchy, and just painful. This winter has been no different. So far this year, I’ve tried oils, lotions, and special hand creams to try and give my hands some form of relief but it doesn’t last long. As a mom, you never really think about how often you get your hands wet until something like this happens. And I certainly can’t stop and rest my hands for a few days. It’s a never-ending cycle of painful, broken out skin. But I’m about to break that cycle with something new.
The Desert Harvest Aloe Vera Gele is an all-natural formula made with certified organic aloe vera as the number one ingredient. In fact, the formula is made of 80% pure aloe vera concentrate. The other 20% is a mixture of other all natural products such as Honeysuckle Extract and Aspen Bark Extract. Aloe Vera is a pretty amazing plant that has anti-inflammatory, pain relieving, and healing properties. It’s a pretty important plant here in the south. It’s perfect for sunburn relief, irritation, minor burns, and insect bites. Some people also use aloe vera on their face as a moisturizer or to help calm redness. One of my favorite uses for aloe vera is to store it in my fridge during the summer months so when the inevitable sunburn happens, I have a nice cold, soothing relief.
But recently, I’ve discovered that it’s the perfect solution to my dry, chapped, painful hands. As you can see from the photo above, near my wrist is one of the areas that’s been causing me pain. My other hand is much worse but through several uses of the Desert Harvest Aloe Vera Gele, I’m finally getting relief. The gel itself comes out clear and is a nice consistency. Basically, what you would expect from something that contains a high concentration of aloe vera. There is a very faint scent that quickly disappears once it’s been rubbed in. A few times a day, I apply some to my hands and quickly get relief from the itch and sting of my chapped skin. But I also noticed how my rash goes from dry and scaley to smooth within minutes of application. And I can apply the Desert Harvest Aloe Vera Gele as often as I like, which is really nice. Basically, anytime my hands get wet, I apply more.
And while I’ve recently learned that this is the perfect solution to my winter skin problems, I also learned that there is another, more fun use for the Desert Harvest Aloe Vera Gele. It can be used as a personal lubricant. Yes, you read that right. And just in time for Valentine’s Day! Plus the idea of using something that’s all-natural in such an intimate area is very appealing to me. And while it’s a really fun use, it also has some benefits. The Desert Harvest Aloe Vera Gele can be used to help soothe vulvodynia which a lot of women suffer from.
The Desert Harvest Aloe Vera Gel can help with so many problems. It’s like the MacGyver of Aloe Vera! It’s something that I believe should always be kept in the home because you can use it for so many purposes! From skin irritations, burns, rashes, bug bites, face moisturizer, and helping soothe irritations in intimate areas, it is a stable in my home. I really love the different ingredients that Desert Harvest has added to their formula and their dedication to making sure that every ingredient is all-natural. Desert Harvest has many other products that also include aloe vera that I think you should check out!